A disorder in which people use food to satisfy a variety of emotions in order to cope with them is Binge Eating Disorder. People may binge when they experience any negative emotion, such as anger, sadness, or depression. Another reason a person may binge is out of boredom. People have used food as a coping mechanism for so long that now that it is a habit to turn and use food to make them feel better.
Binge eating disorder is also characterized by compulsive overeating in which people consume huge amounts of food while feeling out of control and powerless to stop.
"Binge Eating Disorder" is the most common of all eating disorders. It affects about 25 million people.
There are many consequences to bingeing. High blood pressure, Heart disease, diabetes, Osteoarthritis, Joint and muscle pain ,Gastrointestinal problems , Sleep apnea , and obesity are just a few complications that can arise when people binge. Many people can become sick from a binge because the foods that they chose to binge on as not full of vitamins and nutrients. The foods are full of sugar, salt and fat and this, obviously, is very unhealthy.
Below are some suggestions of what you can do the next time you want to binge eat. Try some of these to get your mind off of food.
• Wake up early. Go for a morning walk. If you have a dog, take him/her with you. Try to enjoy everything beautiful outside that God has gifted and shift your focus from food to the pretty flowers you see, the nice houses you see, or the nature that surrounds you.
• Exercise. Not only will exercise help you lost weight in a healthy way, but it also lifts depression, improves overall health, and reduces stress. The natural mood-boosting effects of exercise can help put a stop to emotional eating. If you can then try to add ten minutes meditation it will give you mental peace and inner strength to fight back your binge disorder.
• Eat healthy breakfast. Choose fruits and steamed vegetable that will also help in your weight check. Skipping breakfast often leads to overeating later in the day, so start your day right with a healthy meal. Eating breakfast also jump starts your metabolism in the morning. Studies show that people who eat breakfast are thinner than those who don’t.
• Avoid temptation. You’re much more likely to overeat if you have junk food, desserts, and unhealthy snacks in the house. Remove the temptation by clearing your fridge and cupboards of your favorite binge foods.
• Stop dieting. The deprivation and hunger of strict dieting can trigger food cravings and the urge to overeat. Instead of dieting, focus on eating in moderation. Healthy food in small portion is good stay healthy.Find out food that is rich in nutrition and not full of sugar and too much salty and try to avoid fried food .
• Distress. Learn how to cope with stress in healthy ways that don’t involve food.
• Some good ways- is play an instrument of your choice, listen to a good music that relax your mind, read good book, go for a long drive , take a nice relaxing bath –close your eyes and feel calmness take over your whole body, write and share with the world, do some work of charity you will find that love is not something we look for love is something we give and your world will change slowly you can feel the warmth of love and care that Universe will shower upon you. Not only your eating disorder but you can cope all problem of your life .You will feel the inner peace that you are looking for so long.
• Believe in yourself . Be a believer in proving to yourself that you can do anything. Give affirmation -
I can beat binge eating disorder.
I can lose weight.
I can be healthy… and happy.
This mentality came from you making a decision that you want your life to be the very best that it can be.
Then see how life give you a welcome smile and you live a grand life full of health, happiness and love.
GOD LOVE YOU .