Thursday, April 15, 2010

DELICIOUS MINT DIP


Cooking in summer is a test of culinary skill for us living in this part of the world where temperature raise every now and then.For that in such hot days I have to look for something that will give me a cool and fresh feeling from within. So I tried out this delicious mint dip a day before when temperature rise up to 41 degree.This mint dip  is healthy and give me a refreshed feeling in this hotty summer days.
Hope you will like it too!
INGREDIENTS:


Fresh mint leaves    1 small bunch
Hung yoghurt or 
Greek yoghurt        2 cups
Raisins              1/3 cups
Roasted cumin seeds  1 teaspoon
Red chilly powder and   
Salt               according to taste 
PROCEDURE:
Grind mint, cumin seeds and raisins into a fine paste. Mix into the curds with salt and chilly powder. Mix well. Serve chilled.I have it with some fruits and vegetable salad and a piece of bread. You can enjoy this delicious mint dip with your bread rolls or chicken lollipops or whatever way you like it have it . It’s all yours.
BE HAPPY AND STAY HEALTHY.
http://img.mailchimp.com/2008/12/01/3cdfc5739b/470_cucumber-mint-raita.jpg image source




Ads

9 comments:

Lazaro Cooks! said...

I had some trouble trying to post so if this is a duplicate delete.

Wonderful dip. It's getting quite hot where I live and this dip would be great. I might take some to the beach this weekend. Cheers!

Taste of Beirut said...

This is a dip that I would love! VEry similar to our yogurt and cucumber dip, yet very different too, with a lot more mint and spices.

Gulmohar said...

Such a flavorful dip :-)
Reg your query about oil, coconut oil gives the dish the authentic taste, but you could use the oil of your preference :-)

Mary said...

I really like the mint you've used in your dip. This would be perfect with barbecued lamb. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Mother Rimmy said...

What an delicious dip! I love the spices you've used with the mint. I agree that it would be perfect with lamb.

Heavenly Housewife said...

Excellent dip daaaaaaaaaahling. THis would be good with so many things, little fried goodies, fish, meat, crisps (potatoes chips). The list is endless...
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
*kisses* HH

5 Star Foodie said...

The mint dip sounds so refreshing and lovely!

Claudia said...

This is perfect for spring - with vegetables over grilled meats. Resfreshing and light.

srividhya Ravikumar said...

wow.. this is defenetly a yummy dip.. do drop in at my site whenever.. following you