Thursday, May 27, 2010

SMOKED SALMON AND AVACADO SUMMER SALAD


I think smoked seafood go best with avacado mostly salmon. Though few of my friend say they can never explain the subtle tatse of avacado but for me it is a creamy buttery fruit that is absolutely great for summer. So I try this wonderful smoked salmon and avacado summer salad.
INGREDIENTS:

Avacado     1 ripe but not too soft
Ripe cherry tomatoes   100g
Red oinion    1 thinly sliced
Smoked salmon   250g cubed
Pink grape fruit   3 to 4 section from the whole
Lettuce leaf       3 to 4(optional)
Parsley leaf       few chopped
Dressing
Olive oil   4 table spoon
White Vinegar  1  table spoon
Lemon juice      1 table spoon
Sugar                ½ teaspoon
Salt and pepper   to taste

PROCEDURE:
Wash and peel the avacado and quarter it. Cut it into 1cm-wide strips and then into similar-sized cubes.Cut the cherry tomatoes into half .Take all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and mix well.Toss avacado slices with lemon juice. Arrange the avacado, pink grapefruit in lettuce leaves and chill it for 2 to 3 hours. Now arrange cheery tomatoes and thinly sliced onion and cube or thin slices of smoked salmon.then pour the dressing over it. Toss well. Garnish with parsley.You can serve immediately or refregirator for 10 15 minutes before serving that’s upto you how you like to have it.
Your fresh cool somked salmon and avacado summer salad is redy to cherish. I hope you will like  this healthy salad..

BE HAPPY AND STAY HEALTHY.
http://www.smh.com.au image source

15 comments:

Catherine said...

This looks wonderful! I love avacado and its delicious texture. The smoked salmon is a wonderful compliment to the fruit.
Have a wonderful weekend dear!
Hugs & Blessings~

Lazaro Cooks! said...

Fantastic salad. Beautiful presentation. Great job!

Cheers!

Angie's Recipes said...

What a gorgeous salad! I must try it soon! So very tempting.

precious said...

I am so tempted to go to the market today and buy the ingredients of this recipe! It is so refreshing to look at.
bed frames

Fresh Local and Best said...

This salad looks terrific. I like all the avocado, grapefruit and smoked salmon that you added.

Mary said...

This is a really gorgeous salad. Anything that looks that good has to be delicious. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Cinnamon-Girl said...

This is a lovely salad! I love everything in it!

Gulmohar said...

Oh my ! That looks fantastic..so pretty :-)

Thanks a lot for your sweet note in our blog. I am glad that I could remind you of your wonderful childhood days :D Will catch up once I'm back from India..Till the byee and take care :-)

5 Star Foodie said...

WE really like the combo of avocado and smoked salmon, yum!

Taste of Beirut said...

That is precisely the kind of salad I could eat every day for a week and not tire of!Wonderful! I will make it as soon as possible and think of you!

My Little Space said...

Oh, it looks like a seafood galore to me! The salad looks terrific. Hope that I can dig into it right away! hehe... Hope you're having a lovely day!
Cheers, Kristy

Heavenly Housewife said...

Smoked salmon and avocado are the most wonderful combination. I am sure this salad tastes sensational.
*kisses* HH

My Little Space said...

Oh my, this is another yummy dish! Super love the combination. Hope you're having a wonderful day!
Cheers, Kristy

Taste of Beirut said...

This is the kind of salad I could eat every day, especially during the summer months; it is just delicious!

Sashindoubutsu said...

Hmmm, interesting combination! I am addicted to avocados.