Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Delicious Carrot Salad


Today I am in a mood to cook something simple yet healthy . What could be a better choice than my favorite carrot; it gives lovely color to my platter and I feel contended. This delicious carrot salad have a slight Korean touch which I hope you will like. Have it and tell me that you liked it or not!

Ingredients:
Carrot  1 lb coarsely grated
Red pepper flakes  ½ teaspoon
Canola oil   2 table spoon
Garlic           1 teaspoon finely chopped
Lemon juice  1 table spoon
Roasted almond  flakes   hand full
Salt and pepper    to taste
Fresh Cilantro  few 

Procedure:

Take the grated carrot in bowl. Heat the canola oil add chopped garlic and red pepper flakes. Now pour this dressing on the carrot. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate it for an hour or two so that flavors can muddle. Before serving add lemon juice and roasted almond flakes and your delicious carrot salad is ready. Garnish with fresh green leaves of cilantro.

Be Happy And Stay Healthy.



ADS

5 comments:

Mary said...

Your salad looks wonderful and I'll try it at some point this summer. It sounds delicious, though I'll have to cut back a bit on the pepper flakes. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

Sheila said...

You have a great blog! I just wanted you to know I gave you a One Lovely Blog Award today on my blog. You can find it at:

http://reformingu.blogspot.com/2010/08/one-lovely-blog-award.html

Sheila

Foodessa said...

I'm always thrilled when summer comes along so that I can have local sweet carrots. I eat them in numerous ways...and your Korean touch will only enhance their tastiness.

Thanks for sharing and flavourful wishes,
Claudia

Cinnamon Girl said...

I really love carrots! Love the way you spiced this up!

Heavenly Housewife said...

A wonderful and healthy salad, full of tons of good vitamins. I love carrots.
Have a great weekend.
*kisses* HH