Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Healthy Cucumber Salad


Everyone who visit my site regularly know that I love salads. After a gap of one week I promised that I will come up with something very delicious . Now this salad recipe is one such delicious and healthy recipe that I think will keep my promise.So don’t wait, try this healthy cucumber salad.
Ingredients:

Plain yogurt  2 cup
Fresh dill    1 table spoon finely snipped
Garlic  clove  2 chopped and crushed
Cucumber   1 peeled and diced 
Green peas   ¼  cup  (blanched)
Onion        1 finely sliced
Fresh cherry tomatoes  2 to 3 diced
Chopped salted pistachio nuts   1/4  cup
Parsley sprigs   3 to 4
Lemon juice     1 teaspoon
Sugar      1 teaspoon  (optional)
Salt and pepper   to taste 


Procedure:
Take a bowl and put  yogurt, dill ( if you don’t get the fresh one use one teaspoon of ground dry dill), garlic, salt, pepper, sugar ( if you are using it) in it . Mix well so that the texture become smooth and creamy. Cover and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours . Now before serving mix the diced cucumber, peas, sliced onion and lemon juice. Now place the mixture in a serving bowl or you can use individual serving glass. Garnish with diced cherry tomatoes and chopped salted pistachio and sprigs of parsley. Your delicious healthy salad is ready to serve. Relish this healthy cucumber salad and  let me know that how well I kept my promise!

Be Happy And Stay Healthy.

http://cookandbemerry.com -image source



ADS

11 comments:

Satya said...

cucumber salad looks very delicious n refreshing ...love the ingredients used in it ...must try this ..thanks for sharing dear

Satya
http://www.superyummyrecipes.com

Reeni said...

So fresh and delicious! I love it. And your presentation is so pretty!

Padhu said...

I love this cucumber salad .I prepare it often sans garlic and pastachio

5 Star Foodie said...

Such an elegant presentation!

sangeeta said...

Hi Sutapa...
you have a wonderful blog. this recipe is a favorite and your picture is just great.

katerina said...

I like your presentation very much. This salad looks very fresh.

Healthtec Software said...

It is imperative that you eat healthy to be fit and fine through the hard stressful schedule of life now a days.It is good to go vegetarian once in a week or twice of possible and let the body relax with a little lesser diet.
Electronic Medical Records

Julie said...

Hi! I found your blog through the Foodie Blogroll Widget on my site. I really enjoy your blog and can't wait to try some of your recipes. I'm your newest follower. :)

Angie's Recipes said...

This is one of the most beautiful-looking cucumber salad! Simply gourmet!






Dr.Sameena Prathap
said...

Hi,

i just love the salad...cant wait to try it out...you have posted so much info on your site...firs time here ...
Sameena@http://www.myeasytocookrecipes.blogspot.com

My Carolina Kitchen said...

I love salads too and you've made this one look amazing in the martini glasses. Cucumbers are one of our favorites.
Sam