Egg salad with lime vinaigrette is one of my favorite when I am looking for some healthy snacks and I am in hurry or on the go. This dish is quiet a good feeler and boost up your energy as eggs are quality source of protein. Eggs are good for the brain function as they contain choline. Choline is a nutrient that regulates the brain, nervous system and cardiovascular health. It is mainly good for the pregnant women, helps in fetal brain development and prevents birth defects. Eggs are good for eyes as they contain lutein and zeaxanthin. These nutrients are found in eggs more than other food sources. Consuming eggs lowers the risk of cataracts. Eggs are also good source of Vitamin D and other vital vitamins, minerals and antioxidant. This gives you healthy nails and hair. Eggs are also low in saturated fat and can be considered a lean protein and this is a vital component to weight management, when accompanied by fresh vegetable. I think this egg salad with honey lime vinaigrette a very healthy and delicious choice for the one who are trying hard to stay in shape.
Egg salad with honey lime vinaigrette
- 3 eggs boiled and cut into big chunks
- 1 cucumber cut into chunks
- 1 tomatoes cut into chunks
- 1 onion cut into big flakes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp Lime juice
- 1/4 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp dijon mustard
- a pinch toasted cumin powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seed
- 1tbsp chopped cliantro
- In a bowl take lime juice, Dijon mustard, honey, toasted cumin, salt, pepper.
- Mix well.
- Now slowly whisk the mixture and go on adding the oil. Whisk well so that all are mixed well.
- Take a bowl and in it take cucumber chunks, tomato chunks , onion flakes ( you can add boiled carrots, beet root and broccoli if you want) then add desired amount of vinaigrette in it. Mix well. Now add egg chunks pour little vinaigrette above it and mix with soft hands.
- In a serving plate arrange the salad garnish with toasted sesame and chopped cilantro. Serve immediately.