Sharing with you another delicious detox juice. This is tomato cilantro juice. The main organic compound in the tomato is lycopene which have antioxidant properties. It helps in protecting the cells and organs from oxygen damage. It is also a great source of vitamins and minerals. One cup of tomato juice will give you 74 percent of your Vitamin C and 2 percent of Vitamin A in your daily requirement if recommended. These vitamins help the immune system by destroying the free radicals in your blood stream that damage cells. Other vitamins found in tomato juice are K, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, potassium, magnesium, iron and phosphorous. With this when we add cilantro it gives added taste and flavor. Cilantro is said to remove (chelate) heavy metals. People who have mercury fillings, as an example can find cilantro juice beneficial. As the old saying goes, "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" so are this juices which help your body to stay fresh and healthy. But all the juices and the juice mixes may not be suitable for all so consult your dietician before taking them.
Tomato Coriander Juice
- 3 fresh tomato
- 1 cup fresh cilantro/ coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp ginger juice
- 1/2 tsp or to taste black salt
- a pinch pepper
- Put fresh ripe tomatoes, cilantro, mint leaves in your juicer.
- Once you get the fresh juice add black salt, pepper, ginger juice, lemon juice. Add little chilled water if needed. Mix well.
- Serve chilled juice to yourself in your favorite glass.