My friends who are with me for long they already know my love for pasta….in any form and shape. Today’s recipe is one which is bit similar to pasta omelets but the main twist is I use veggies and scrambled egg base which make this simple pasta bit unique and healthy. I slightly fried the veggies but if you are a weight watcher use raw vegetable, you can also skip butter used in the egg mixture and while you sprinkle the cheese on top don’t be so generous ( haha) . With this low fat variation the taste will differ a bit but still you can enjoy very delicious pasta. I am on a happy mood so generously used cheese and butter but you chose what is better for you and go for it and let me know how you liked it.
Pasta with Roasted Pepper Sauce
- 2tbsp finely chopped carrot
- 3 tbsp finely chopped red green and yellow bell pepper
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 1tsp chopped ginger
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 1tsp finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 5 to 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup boiled pasta
- 2 to 3 tbsp roasted pepper sauce
- 1 tsp tomato sauce ( optional )
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp butter
- 5 tbsp shredded mozzarella
- a pinch sugar
- to taste salt and pepper
- Heat 1/2 tbsp oil in a skillet. Add the chopped ginger fry it till brown and little burnt then add chopped garlic fry a bit then add the veggies. Add little salt and pepper. Toss and keep aside and let it cool down.
- Whisk egg in a bowl now add the fried veggies, butter and fresh mint and coriander, thyme with a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well till bit fluffy. Swirl 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan. Then add the egg mixture. Watch that as the eggs start to cook. As soon as this starts happening, move the mixture around the pan with a spatula to scrape the cooked eggs from the bottom to the top of the mixture Put the heat low add the boiled paste. Mix tomato sauce if using with roasted pepper sauce and spread on the pasta. Now generously sprinkle cheese over it and cover and cook for few minutes till the cheese is melted.
- This is a very delicious full meal you can have it in your breakfast, lunch or dinner. Scrambles flavored egg below above it saucy pasta topped with melting creamy cheese a yummy combo to make your day.You can also add bacon or shredded cooked chicken if you want to make it more delicious.