Festive time starts two weeks back in my part and this will go on for the coming full months and then start the cake and cookie time for Christmas and New Year. Festive months mean lot of sweets and all other foods that will do no good but add on few calories. Fortunately this year I am total stress free as NuNatural send me a box full of the company’s stevia liquids and powders. I was not very familiar with stevia as I use honey as organic substitute of white sugar. But then I came to know that stevia also known as sugar leaf or sweet leaf is a herb, a natural sweetener from South America and it has been used for 1,400 years. The best part of stevia is its 100% natural and has zero calories. While other sweeteners have slight impact on blood sugar and insulin stevia does not. So it’s great for people with insulin sensitivity. As soon as I get the box I start using the NuNatural white stevia powder in my cup of tea and fruit juices. NuNatural rocks, it taste great with no unpleasant after taste and you couldn’t tell that it is stevia instead of sugar. Orange and Lemon are my favorite flavors and I love to play with them so when I get the NuNatural alcohol free pure liquid orange and lemon bottle, I can’t stop to try my hand to make a delicious salad with pumpkin, appropriate for the Halloween season. This is a very simple but awesome flavorful salad and all this deliciousness and flavor are gift from NuNatural. I am very thankful to them for sending this gift box which has one more magical product PreSweet Tagtose. It will turn all those sinful delights into delicious blessings to remember by my friends who stay miles away from desserts for high calorie intake. For now I am sharing the pumpkin salad recipe with NuNatural orange lemon vinaigrette I hope you all will like it.
- 1/2 pumpkin cut into bite size triangles
- 1 bunch baby spinach leaves
- 1 dropper NuNatural Lemon Nustevia or to taste
- 1 dropper NuNatural Orange Nustevia or to taste
- 11/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp or to taste black salt
- 1/8 tsp or to taste white pepper powder
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion finely sliced
- handful lightly toasted cashew and almond sliced
- Put the pumkin on a flat baking tray, drizzle with some oil and season with salt and pepper bake in a 180c oven for 15 minutes or when it is just tender but not brown. Set aside to cool to room temparature.
- Now take a bowl add olive oil, NuNatural orange and lemon stevia ( shake well before using to get the most brilliant flavor), lemon juice, black salt and white pepper powder. Mix well.
- Scatter baby spinach leaves on a platter, scatter the pumpkin and onions and nuts. Drizzle NuNatural's orange lemon vinaigrette over it and toss a bit. Serve.
Happy Halloween to all my friends!Be Happy And Stay Healthy.
Disclosure: The good people at NuNaturals let me sample these products free of charge.