Spicy oats is a very delicious quick meal. In times when you are in hurry or not feeling to cook much then this serves as a full meal. As for me after all those festive hustle bustle and lots of cooking different types of delicacies, I am bit tired and want to try out something simple but with good nutritional benefits and which take hardly 10 minutes to cook. Spicy oats have it all and also this food is low in saturated fats, Cholesterol and Sodium. Oats is also good source of dietary fiber, Thiamin, Magnesium. This dish may not look so appetizing but sometimes a normal looking dish can be very satisfying specially during fall nights. I am sure you will love simple spicy oats.
- 1 cup oats
- 1 medium size boiled potato
- 1 tsp butter/ diet butter
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander /mint
- 1/2 tsp chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp roasted garlic
- 1 tsp fried onion
- a pinch nutmeg and mace powder
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 6 to 8 raisin
- 6 to 8 toasted cashew
- to taste salt and pepper
- Slightly toast the oats.
- Now take a bowl and take boiled potato mash it then add ginger, onion and garlic, tomato,salt, pepper, butter and freshly chopped coriander or mint or both, this is up to your choice. Mix well and keep side.
- Now boil 3 cups of water add the toasted oats let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes then add the mashed potato prepared before.Mix well.
- Add the nutmeg and mace powder and mix well. Adjust seasoning. Then add grated cheese. Mix well. Add raisin and lemon juice if using.
- Garnish with grated cheese and toasted cashew.
- Serve warm.