Truly speaking I am not good when it comes to baking. My kitchen counter become messy and sometimes my Mom start shouting when she find I grew few years older coz my hair is all white by all those flour dust (haha). I am not a cake artist so the final product is also not picture perfect but one thing is for sure the effort I put to make this orange chocolate cake is worth .......it came out delicious. I put lots of love when I mix and bake the cake. I am sure anything with this one ingredient takes your dish in such heights which no one else can compare. I am sure you will like this Christmas celebration cake of mine.
Orange Chocolate Cake
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 31/2 cup cake flour
- 1tsp coco powder
- 1 cup milk
- 6 egg yolk
- 2 tsp orange extract
- 4 tbsp orange juice
grated candied orange peel
For Chocolate Topping
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp orange extract ( optional)
- Preheat oven 180 degrees C.
- Sift all the dry ingredients - cake flour, coco powder. Mix well. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugar well.Add one egg at a time and beat well after each addition.Add the milk and orange extract and combine well again.Add orange juice and candied peel and give it a stir. Add the sifted dry ingredients gradually little by little and combine well.
- Pour the prepared cake mix into the greased cake tin and bake at 180 degree C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 20 minutes before removing it out of the pan. Cool completely before pouring frosting on top of the cake.
- Chocolate Topping
- I use double boiler to melt the chocolate. Pour a few inches of water into a large saucepan and place a small pan on it so that base sits in the water. Put the dark chocolate in the smaller pan and bring the water to a low boil.Once the chocolate starts to melt, add in butter, milk and sugar and keep stirring until everything combines well.The mixture will start to froth up and thicken at one point, that's when you switch off the flame.Then add the orange extract . Mix well. Let it cool for 15-20 minutes.
- Once both cake and the chocolate topping cool down. Now place the cake on a serving plate. Spread the chocolate topping well on the top of the cake. Now garnish with orange wedges and cadbury gems.
Delicious Orange Chocolate Cake for Christmas is ready. Relish and have fun.
Wish all my friends and loved ones world over Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas.