Steamed egg is a very delicious and healthy preparation and can be taken anytime, take as breakfast, lunch or dinner , it just rocks. Steamed egg is very popular in Chinese cuisine, it is a Chinese home-style dish found all over China.Not only in China it is also popular in Japan and Korea.I am sure you baked, poached, fried eggs number of times but if you haven't yet tried steamed egg then give it a try. I didn't use the authentic Chinese or Korean style but this is a fusion style. I love this and hope you will love it too.
- 2 large egg
- 1 onion chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger chopped
- 1/2 tsp garlic chopped
- 2 broccoli florets cut into small peices
- 2 tbsp red, green and yellow pepper chopped
- 1tbsp chopped tomato( seedless)
- 3 tbsp grated cheese
- 1 tbsp chicken stock/ water
- to taste salt and pepper
- Take a bowl beat two eggs. Add water or chicken stock ( chicken stock used in this recipe used make this recipe more soft and fluffy). Beat well. Then add all the ingredients.
- Mix well. . Then pour the whole mixture into a greased dish or ramekin mold. Sprinkle generously cheese over it. Now cover and steam until the egg is fully cooked and firm and cheese is melted. Your steamed egg is ready. I think you can have this healthy meal anytime of the day. For those who are weight watching can skip cheese if you want. It will taste great even without cheese but with cheese it is just awesome. Try and love it.
Be Happy And Stay Healthy.