To make morning healthy delicious today I make this awesome Coffee Banana Smoothie.Some think bananas are just for monkeys but hopefully not so give it a thought reading the benefits and then the recipe. I am sure you will never say no to it.Banana is loaded with goodness and it very good fruit to start the morning with.Banana have high level of tryptophan which help to overcome depression and is converted into serotonin....the happy - mood brain transmitter.It also helps against muscle cramps during work out and night cramps.Banana helps to build strong bones and reduce swelling, protects against type II diabetes, aid weight loss, strengthen nervous system, and help with the production of white blood cells, all due to high level of vitamin B6. Strengthen your blood and relieve anemia with the added iron.Coffee too have some health benefit. Though many will say that coffee loaded with caffeine is not at all good but recent study shows that Caffeine's primary mechanism in the brain is blocking the effects of an inhibitory neurotransmitter called Adenosine. By blocking the inhibitory effects of Adenosine, caffeine actually increases neuronal firing in the brain and the release of other neurotransmitters like dopamine and norepinephrine. Caffeine can improve mood, reaction time, memory, vigilance and general cognitive function. Coffee contains a decent amount of several vitamins and minerals. It is also the biggest source of antioxidants in the modern diet. So when you will have coffee banana smoothie in the morning it is obvious it will give you a kick start.But it also true that I am not recommending the drink all days but once in a week you can relish this healthy luxury.
Coffee Banana Smoothie
- 2 ripe banana peeled and sliced
- 3 cups low fat - milk
- 1 tbsp cream ( optional)
- 1 1/2 tsp instant coffee
- 2 pinch of cinnamon powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar/ diet sugar/ honey/ agave nectar
- 1 very small pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp chocolate powder (optional)
- Take all the ingredients in your blender except cream and chocolate powder. Blend it smooth. Then add a tablespoon of cream . Mix with soft hand. Now let it rest in your refrigerator for 10 to 15 minutes. Then serve chilled in your favorite glass. You can top the smoothie with chocolate powder or sprinkle chocolate sauce if you wish . Enjoy rich creamy silky smooth happy delight coffee banana smoothie !