Zero oil vegetable soup is a very delicious and healthy soup. Good for the weight watcher and heart healthy too. You can take and mix any vegetable of your choice. I just suggest few which I like.One caution while choosing the vegetables if you are pregnant or planning such then skip raw papaya. The Papaya latex's main constitiuants are papain and chymopapain which have teratogenic (abnormalities of physiological development) and abortifacient (Can induce an abortion) effects . It does this by increasing the chances of uterine contractions as the papain acts like prostaglandin and oxytocin which are known to put a mothers body into labour and hence an adverse effect on the babies and mothers health. I just want all my readers to stay safe healthy and happy. I am sure you all will like this completely oil free comfy soup. Enjoy.
Zero Oil Vegetable Soup
- 2 carrots cubes
- 4 to 6 okra cut into halves
- 4 to 6 big chunks of bottle gourd with or without skin
- 4 to 6 big chunks of skinless raw papaya
- 2 to 3 baby potatoes optional
- 6 to 7 french beans head and tail off and then cut into big pieces
- 1 big tomato cut into chunks
- 1 big onion cut into chunks
- 3 to 4 garlic clove
- 1 inch fresh ginger chopped
- hand full of chopped fresh coriander and mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp whole cumin
- 1/2 tsp whole coriander
- 1 to 2 tsp lemon juice
- to taste salt and pepper
- Boil water in a saucepan and then add all the vegetables, onion, ginger, garlic and chopped coriander and mint leaves. Cover with a lid and then cook till done. Now heat a pan and dry roast the cumin and coriander seed. Add the boiled vegetables in it. Add salt and pepper and let it boil for another 2 minutes and then end up with dash of lemon juice.
Be Happy And Stay Healthy.