This is a very delicious healthy recipe. I can take the raw flavor of fish so fried a little but if you can then steam the raw fish. It taste awesome.Fish is a really nutritious food, being rich in protein, vitamins and minerals which are essential to maintain good health. Frequent consumption of white fish, improves blood pressure, lowers cholesterol and reduces weight, according to a study conducted by researchers at the Nutrition & Obesity Unit of Hospital Ramón y Cajal in Madrid.
Whole Fish Cooked in Chinese Style With Pepper and Baby Corn
- 1 whole white flesh fish(bassa/ bhetki (barrmundi)/talapia)
- 1 red bell pepper finely sliced
- 4 small baby corn slit from in between
- 2 inch ginger peeled and finely julienned
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tsp castor sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1tsp Chinese red chilly sauce
- 2 tbsp or to taste white whine vinegar
- Clean the fish and make a diagonal cuts into the fish down to the bones on both sides. I fry the fish in sesame oil just to get over the rawness but you can steam as it is. Now in a bowl mix take soy sauce, sugar, chicken stock, sesame oil, red chilly sauce and white whine vinegar. Mix well now in a heat proof plate place place the fish and pour the sauce mixture on it.Top it with ginger julienne and scatter sliced red pepper and baby corn on top and sides, if you want you can add fine julienned of scallions and finely chopped coriander. Let the water come to boil in the steamer now steam the fish with the lid on. Cook till the fish is cooked but the pepper is not too soft.
- Gently lift the fish out of the steamer, reserving the liquid. Place the fish on plates or in shallow bowls. Divide the ginger, baby corn and capsicum between the plates and pour the remaining liquid over fish.
- Serve with stir fried noodles or jasmine rice.
Be Happy And Stay Healthy.