Hello friends returning to blogging after a long break. Hope all you are doing well. Today I 'm sharing with you a very delicious pasta recipe Pasta tomatina. It's truly drool worthy. In this recipe I use farm fresh ripe red tomatoes. The tomato has been referred to as a "functional food," a food that goes beyond providing just basic nutrition. Due to their beneficial phytochemicals such as lycopene, tomatoes also play a role in preventing chronic disease and deliver other health benefits.Tomatoes are also an excellent source vitamin C, biotin, molybdenum and vitamin K. They are also a very good source of copper, potassium, manganese, dietary fiber, vitamin A (in the form of beta-carotene), vitamin B6, folate, niacin, vitamin E and phosphorus. Pasta is a perfect foundation for healthy, nutritious and satisfying meals.Pasta tomatina is such a delicius healthy recipe filled with antioxidant-rich tomato sauce and protein-packed cheese with little dash of fiber rich vegetables. So enjoy yummy Pasta tomatina.
- 100 g pasta of your choice
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1 tbsp red chilly sauce (optional)
- 1 tsp mixed Italian dried herbs
- 1/2 cup cream cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup chicken / vegetable stock
- 1 onion big slices (optional)
- 4 tbsp finely chopped beetroot (optional)
- 2 tsp finely chopped green beans (optional)
- to taste salt and pepper
- Boil the pasta in water adding salt and a teaspoon of oil.
- In a pan add a teaspoon of butter fry the sliced onion and with toss finely chopped beetroot and green beans with little salt and pepper. Keep aside.
- In another pan heat a teaspoon of butter add garlic. Fry a little. then add tomato puree. Stir well. Add dried herbs, red chilly sauce if using want little heat , salt and pepper. Mix well . Then add 1/2 cup of stock. Let it boil. When the sauce thickens. Add cream cheese. Mix well. Add boiled pasta and let the sauce get well coated now you can add fried onion and veggies. Mix well. Put off the flame.Serve hot a delicious whole meal pasta tomatina.
Be Happy And Stay Healthy.